Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Warm Weather Wishes

Sorry that I haven't posted in a while, the days have just been flying by. It's not that nothing has been happening, it's just my brain forgot about doing anything other then working, eating and trying to get to bed on time.

This doesn't mean I haven't been hitting the gym!! I find I get very out of sorts if I just stop going in the mist of crazy life stuff. In fact I find I need to workout more the more hectic life gets. It calms me down and wears my brain out.

I love going to the gym, but in "nicer" weather it gets very crowded. Everyone who was hibernating all winter decides maybe they should start doing something since it's very likely they soon will be wearing less clothing. They fail to understand that you can't get bathing suit ready in a few weeks unless you are already in amazing shape.


I've been try to get bathing suit ready since July 2010 and while I'm not so shy any more about donning a 2-piece I know with the goals I've set I have much farther to go. The treadmill is not a magic device and neither is your body. Your body will look the way you treat it year round, meaning if you've sat at a desk, on a couch, in a car most of your life that's how you'll look. It's also how you'll feel!

The weather finally got nice yesterday and I actually walked around without a jacket for the first time this year. It started to get me thinking about all the extra fun activities I want to do once the sun decides to shine everyday.

In the summer I love walking everywhere even more. I love the park and the botanical gardens. I'm much more likely to walk the 50-100 blocks somewhere then take the train. Clint and I have been known to end up at opposite ends of Manhattan in the same day on many weekends. It's just so nice to be out in the city, even when it's crazy hot and smells like trash :-S

I'm also looking forward to heading over to the small court down the street from my work. I do wish it was more of a park, but it's the perfect place to shoot some hoops or jump rope. It will really give me an afternoon boost to get in a quick half hour of cardio. I've been looking forward to using it ever since I started working in Soho!

I usually get very stiff by the end of day because I workout first thing in the morning and then sit at a desk for the entire rest of my day. I'm really hoping being able to get out and move around once it's nice will really help with all that, even if I just choose to do some outdoor yoga. I never understood why kids get recess, but adults never get in a half hour of running around. It would be sooooo awesome :)

I'm just so excited that spring has started to peek out from behind the curtain and I can't wait to start wearing all my cute tops to show off the guns! WOOHOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment