Saturday, May 5, 2012

12 week challenge

Not gonna make excuses here, I've totally neglected this blog and the seriousness of my training.

I still go to the gym and I've seen progress in my strength for sure. It's good to know I'm lifting at my heaviest still, any progress is always positive. The thing is I haven't been focused on me. Life has gotten in the way and I've been very clouded on goals that surround my fitness. I realized I can go back, I can be serious again I just have to want it.

Change is caused by a challenge. You have to force yourself out of a comfort zone and learn to adapt. I've gotten too comfortable and started to slack, I don't like that and for sure won't let myself sink back to the old body I once had.

I decided today that I'm going to do something I haven't done. I want to try something new, something difficult, a NEW challenge.

I'm committing myself to a 12 week overhaul. Change in workout routine, change in eating and hopefully a change in me. It's going to strange, already I can see I'm going to have to deal with some initial stresses, but they're positive and they're for me.

So what's this 12 week training all about? Well I've read and followed Jamie Eason for a while now and I decided to take on her LiveFit Training. The thing is I already know the program works. I've seen some of the people who've done it, but it's not a program for just anyone. This is something you've really got to commit yourself too and probably not for someone just starting out.

I'm a small woman and building muscle is always difficult, it's one reason I like reading Jamie's articles on how to build and maintain (she's smaller then I am!). Her program is split into 3 phases. It's a process to build, sculpt and cut and honestly I want to see what I can do on the program being a vegetarian. I think it will prove that if you're smart veggie you can still get great results and it will help me write some material for others who'd like to try the program but need a few tips.

I went shopping today and tomorrow I'm going to plan all my meals for the week. I'm going to be eating more and more often to promote muscle growth and stimulate my metabolism. I have to remind myself that gain good weight is what I want (yes, scales still gets to me.)

I'll try to be good about updating my progress. Food will seriously be the biggest part of this challenge, because my workout time is always the fun part.

I'm excited to be trying something completely different. I need to throw a stick into my own spokes! I don't like being bored with myself and I was so excited when I was striving for my goals. This challenge is going to be my new mountain and hopefully at the end of 12 weeks I'll have reached the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment