Sunday, March 20, 2011

I live on facebook...again

Remember when facebook was a website where you had to have a college email to belong to it? That's when I was on facebook.

I remember belonging to a protest group that wanted to make it public like myspace (you know before people shuttered at that word). Anyway, I deactivated my account in 2007 because of a horrible fight that an ex boyfriend and I had gotten into over a private message. He hacked into my account read things out of context and boom we were fighting about something else.

Anyway to avoid fights altogether I got rid of every social network site I was on at the time. I even started to enjoy that no one could find me, like I didn't exist on the internet (except for my resumé and portfolio).

Until this year I hadn't really thought about facebook again. I've had a ton of people ask me a million times if I'm on there and I always just use to smile and say "nope". Unfortunately to truly be held to my LMBM goals I thought it might be a good idea to set up an account again.

Here comes the scary part.

When I typed in my email address into facebook it told me there was already an account that existed under that email. I immediately panicked. How was that possible?! I had deleted the account over 4 years ago.

I was able to reset the password to the account and once I enabled it again it remember everything just how I left it in 2007. All my comments, post, pictures, tags, friends. EVERYTHING!
I spent the first 2 hour going through trying to deleted the old me, the college & first year in NYC me - I'm not that person anymore.

There were some things I could never ever hope to fully get rid of, like wall posts. I still haven't gone through my whole friends list to see if I even want these people knowing anything personal about me.

While it's nice to see some old faces and learn that everyone I know is married and/or has kids it's sort of scary to me. I feel like I never had a connection to these people, we just when to the same school or were in the same clubs. It seems so trivial now.

I moved out of Florida the second I could. I hated living there and knew I was meant for better things. It's really true though, the more things change the more things stay the same.

Bikini ZERO: better pics to come this is just a taste
You'll have to give me time to ease into facebook again. I'm just that way sometimes with new things, if you really want to be friends or send me a message please do. I'd like people to follow me and see progress. I actually have so new pics up of the bathing suit I'm using for this little experiment, well at least what I like to call bikini ZERO.

No comments:

Post a Comment