Monday, March 21, 2011

A New Love for Leg Day

I've haven't always loved days that I train lower body. It's by far the most difficult and has the largest muscle groups which in my case means tons of soreness.

In general I like feeling sore the day after a workout, it's a nice reminder that my body is repairing and I know I've gotten a decent workout. However, I also like walking. Being a resident of NYC means it's something I do a lot every day. So when I can't walk or go up and down steps with ease, it's a pain just to get around.

I also use to dislike leg day because I sit at a desk for most of my week. It's terrible and makes me very stiff; which in turn just makes me feel old and cranky. However my research and discovery of powder amino acids & L-glutamine tabs has turned me into a lower body workout lover. It's helped me leaps and bounds with on set muscle soreness and made so I'm regular sore and not walking like someone who has ridden a horse for 3 days.

I'm appreciating the connection I feel with the ground, sounds strange, but doing squats is so satisfying now I wish I didn't have to wait for muscle repair to do them. I enjoy cardio on the stair machine and as hard as walking lunges and step-ups are I'm actual get excited about them.

Here is what my workout was today, what are your favs on leg day?

• Super set (3 sets of):

  Squats 75lbs/12reps  *  Barbell Deadlift 70lbs/12reps  * Step-ups (each leg) 30lbs/12reps

• Super set (3 sets of):
  Cable leg raise 31lbs/12reps  *  Cable Abduct 18.75lbs/12reps  *  Cable Adduct 18.75lbs/12reps

• Leg Extension Machine (3 Sets) 50lbs/12reps

• Leg Curl Machine (3sets) 35lbs/12reps

• Super set (3 sets of):
  Bridge 25lb/25reps  *  PliĆ© Squat 20lbs/20reps  *  Lunge (each leg) 30lbs/12reps

• End workout with 20mins of cardio on stair machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment