Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My 1st A.R.T Bootcamp Class with Terri Walsh

While I've already showered, dressed and my heart rate is back to it's normal hum, my bum & legs are still on fire!

Today was my first A.R.T Bootcamp class with Terri Walsh and it did not disappoint. Now I know bootcamp might first draw visions of a hard as nails grizzled drill sergeant and lacklustre faced participants but this was quite the opposite.

The small group is filled with super friendly people of all ages and skill levels, which just goes to show anyone can participate in this class and work at their level for a kick butt session. I really felt that in itself was a great motivator. You get really pumped when you see someone performing not giving up and it helps push you to keep going.

The instructor Terri Walsh is funny and upbeat without being cheerleader annoying. She's very encouraging and helps you push yourself rather then being commanding. This is such a wonderful atmosphere for quite a challenging class! Resistance training, aerobics, weightlifting & stretching all in one. The hour flew by, my super sweaty clothing the proof of a hard worked hour.

For all you crazy counters out there, just as a test I wore my heart rate monitor to class, an easy 600 cals burned in no time!

Terri runs the class on a month schedule, 3 classes a week (Tues, Thurs & Sat) - every time something different. This is perfect for people who find themselves easily bored with attending a class with the same moves in the same rotation. There is also a great network through facebook, with everyone posting results, questions and pics. The community Terri has built really has a supportive group of people who all really care about helping one another and driving each other.

I really encourage anyone in the NYC area to participate and give the A.R.T Bootcamp class a try. Spaces are limited to keep the groups smaller so everyone gets equal attention, but there are always announcements being posted toward the beginning of each month as the new classes start.

I'm really looking forward to the next class and it's already making my week day mornings more fun. Switching up your training routine keeps it interesting and keeps your body guessing :)

I'm ready to tackle the day and probably pamper myself with a nice hot bath tonight, my glutes and quads are cooked!

No comments:

Post a Comment